Current Conditions
2.4 C
Light Rain
Today's Forecast
5 C
Periods of rain or drizzle
Sponsored by Highland Ford

News And Views




Shop Local

More Local

Search The Web

Google Search

National News

Official death toll in Quebec fire rises to 24

L'ISLE-VERTE, Que. - Quebec provincial police said Friday that 24 people have been confirmed dead in a fire that ripped through a seniors' home last week.

Another eight people were still listed as officially missing Friday following the early morning blaze at the Residence du Havre in L'Isle-Verte on Jan. 23.

Eight of the 24 dead have been officially identified by Quebec coroner's officials.

Quebec provincial police said on their Facebook page they were working on a part of the seniors' residence that could be where the fire began.

A commemorative ceremony will be held in L'Isle-Verte on Saturday morning.

Prime Minister Stephen Harper and Gov. Gen. David Johnston are among those set to attend the event.

Advertising | Membership | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About | Contact Us | Feedback

Copyright ©2014 - All rights reserved