Labour Day Weekend - What's open, what's notFriday, August 29, 2014 by: SooToday.com Staff
CITY OF SAULT STE. MARIE
The following City facilities will be closed Monday, September 1 due to the Labour Day statutory holiday:
• Cemetery office
• Centennial Library and Churchill and Korah branches
• Children’s Centres (Jessie Irving, Maycourt, Best Start – Holy Family site)
• Civic Centre
• Ermatinger∙Clergue National Historic Site
• Public Works and Transportation office. For 24 hour emergency service requests call 705-759-5201.
• Seniors’ Centres (Drop-In and Steelton)
• Social Services (Ontario Works, Social Housing, Community Child Care, Accessibility office)
• Essar Centre office and Box office
• Transit office
• The Essar Centre, John Rhodes arenas, McMeeken arena and the Northern Community Centre are closed September 1.
• Bellevue Marina is open 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on September 1.
• Roberta Bondar Marina is open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. The Marina will close for the season on Tuesday, September 2.
• The John Rhodes Community Centre Pool is open September 1 from 11:15 a.m. – 1 p.m. for Parent/Child and Lane swim and 1 – 3 p.m. for Public swim.
• The Pool will be closed for maintenance September 2 to 14. Regular swims resume Monday, September 15.
• Online fall lesson registration starts Monday, September 15 at 8 p.m. In-person fall lesson registration begins 9 a.m. Thursday, September 18 at the John Rhodes Community Centre.
• Peter G. Manzo Pool and V.E. Greco Pool are closed for the season.
Refuse and recycling collection
No collection Monday, September 1.
Collection for the balance of the week will be one day late. Refuse, recyclables, leaf and yard waste must be placed curbside by 7:30 a.m. to ensure pickup.
The landfill site is closed Monday, September 1.
Regular hours resume Tuesday, September 2.
The site will be open 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday, August 30.
There will be no Regular Transit or Parabus service Monday, September 1.
Regular Transit and Parabus service will resume Tuesday, September 2.
For transit information call 705-759-5438.
Note: Comments that appear on the site are not the opinion of SooToday.com. Keep discussions civil and on topic. Refrain from obscenity and don't post anything that your grandmother would be ashamed to read.