Current Conditions
7.6 C
Light Rain and Drizzle
Today's Forecast
7 C
Periods of rain
Sponsored by Highland Ford

News And Views




Shop Local

More Local

Search The Web

Google Search

Local News

Ministry enforces 21-day camping limit on Crown Land

Sunday, August 03, 2014   by: Staff



Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry conservation officers remind campers of the 21-day camping limit on Crown land.

Canadian residents may camp for free on Crown land for up to 21 days in a calendar year at any one site, except where posted otherwise.

The camper and the camping unit must move a minimum of 100 metres to a new site after 21 days.

This ensures that sites are available to other campers.

A camping unit can be a tent, trailer, tent-trailer, recreational vehicle or camper-back.

Any mobile type of accommodation is allowed.

The ministry may post signs to limit certain kinds of travel or activity, including camping, and close forest access roads for reasons of public safety or environmental protection.

You may contact your local ministry office for more information about the Crown land in the area you want to visit.

Non-residents of Canada, 18 years of age or older, who wish to camp on Crown land north of the French and Mattawa rivers, may need a Crown Land Camping Permit.

Permits are available from fishing and hunting licence issuers and from ServiceOntario centres in northern Ontario.

Please visit Camping on Crown Land for more information.

Campers are responsible for cleaning up their campsites, and should use Crown land in an ecologically sound and responsible manner.

Leaving or illegally disposing of garbage on Crown land damages the natural environment and could be hazardous to the public.

Offenders can be fined up to $10,000 under the Public Lands Act and be required to pay the cost of cleaning up.

To report a natural resources violation, call 1-877-TIPS-MNR (847-7667) toll-free any time or contact your local ministry office during regular business hours.

You can also call Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).


Note: Comments that appear on the site are not the opinion of Keep discussions civil and on topic. Refrain from obscenity and don't post anything that your grandmother would be ashamed to read.
Advertising | Membership | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About | Contact Us | Feedback

Copyright ©2014 - All rights reserved