Chamber to recognize the year's best copsWednesday, June 11, 2014 by: SooToday.com Staff
CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Internationally-Recognized Criminal Profiler to Speak at Event
The Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce will host its annual Police Services Luncheon on June 17.
‘Officers of the Year’ from four of the local police services serving Sault Ste. Marie and surrounding area will be recognized.
This year’s luncheon will also feature a presentation by Certified Criminal Profiler, Jim Van Allen.
Van Allen is a Certified Criminal Profiler, experienced with interpersonal violence, personality-based interviewing, threat assessment and risk management and the analysis of anonymous documents.
He was the Manager of the OPP Criminal Profiling Unit for fifteen years and is a graduate of the FBI National Academy.
Van Allen has lectured at many police training facilities, colleges and universities on criminal behaviour analysis.
His luncheon presentation in the Sault will examine the role of behavioural analysis and psychological profiling in serious criminal investigations.
Crime scene analysis, behavioural interpretation and other factors that provide insight about the violent offender’s identity will be discussed.
Recognized internationally for his expertise, Van Allen is regularly called upon by major news and media outlets to comment on, and offer insights into high profile crimes and criminal incidents.
Van Allen’s commentary on high profile criminal cases and activities has been seen, heard and read in the Canadian Press, CBC News, the National Post, the Toronto Star, CTV News and Sun Media.
Tickets for this event are: $36+HST / person (Chamber Members) or $46+HST / Person (Non-Chamber Members) or $277+HST / Table for 8 (Chamber Members).
Award and event sponsors include:
- The Station Mall, sponsor of the Sault Ste. Marie Police Service Officer of the Year Award
- Women In Crisis (Algoma) Inc. (A United Way Agency), sponsor of the Ontario Provincial Police (SSM detachment) Officer of the Year Award
- Northwood Funeral Home, sponsor of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (SSM detachment) Officer of the Year Award
- Stone’s Office Plus, sponsor of the Anishinabek Police Service (Garden River detachment) Officer of the Year Award
- Northern Dental Care, contributing luncheon sponsor
- Ironside Consulting Services, contributing luncheon sponsor
To register for this luncheon, contact the Sault Ste. Marie Chamber for Commerce office at 705-949-7152 or go to: http://www.ssmcoc.com/events/