Weather

Current Conditions
3.2C
Cloudy
Today's Forecast
-2C
Chance of rain showers or wet flurries
Sponsored by Highland Ford

News And Views

Classifieds

Announcements

Entertainment

Shop Local

More Local

Search The Web

Google Search

Local News

Fire services warn of carbon monoxide danger

Monday, January 27, 2014   by: SooToday.com Staff

NEWS RELEASE

SAULT STE MARIE
FIRE SERVICES

*************************
Given the recent heavy snow falls, Sault Ste. Marie Fire Services would like to remind the public to ensure they are diligent in clearing snow surrounding intake and exhaust appliance vents, as well as gas meters around their homes. 

In particular when drifting occurs due to heavy winds, it is incumbent upon citizens to exercise additional precautions as snow can accumulate very quickly around these areas. 

If the vent areas become blocked, occupants could potentially become exposed to dangerous levels of carbon monoxide within the home or business.

“Please take the time to check in on seniors or individuals who may be incapable of assessing and maintaining these areas around their homes or businesses, and assist if necessary. Far too often we see senseless tragedies that occur as a result of neglected routine maintenance. If we all work together, these tragedies can be prevented,” claims Fire Chief Marcel Provenzano.

*************************

Comments
1
Please sign in to post a response
Note: Comments that appear on the site are not the opinion of SooToday.com. Keep discussions civil and on topic. Refrain from obscenity and don't post anything that your grandmother would be ashamed to read. Those who do not abide by these guidelines will have their membership revoked without notice. If you see an abusive post, please click the link beside the post to report it.
Pakadeva 1/28/2014 12:17:05 AM Report

Great advice!
Advertising | Membership | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About SooToday.com | Contact Us | Feedback

Copyright ©2014 SooToday.com - All rights reserved