Weather

Current Conditions
-2.1C
Partly Cloudy
Today's Forecast
-2C
Chance of rain showers or wet flurries
Sponsored by Highland Ford

News And Views

Classifieds

Announcements

Entertainment

Shop Local

More Local

Search The Web

Google Search

Local News

Fire damages eighth-floor apartment Christmas evening

Friday, December 27, 2013   by: SooToday.com Staff
NEWS RELEASE
 
SAULT STE. MARIE FIRE SERVICES
 
*************************
Apartment Fire Christmas Evening
 
In the early evening hours of December 25th, 2013, Fire Services responded to a 911 call in the 100 block of East Street. 
 
Upon arrival, Fire Services crews found the high rise building in alarm and encountered heavy smoke on the eighth floor.
 
Investigation revealed the fire was contained to a singular apartment.   
 
The fire was extinguished and the smoke on the eighth floor was ventilated. 
 
The occupants of the apartment were taken to Sault Area Hospital and treated for minor smoke inhalation. 
 
Damages to the building were confined to the apartment of origin with some light smoke damage throughout the remainder of the floor.
 
This fire Is not considered suspicious and is currently being jointly investigated by The Ontario Fire Marshal’s Office and Sault Ste. Marie Fire Services. 
 
*************************
Comments
6
Please sign in to post a response
Note: Comments that appear on the site are not the opinion of SooToday.com. Keep discussions civil and on topic. Refrain from obscenity and don't post anything that your grandmother would be ashamed to read. Those who do not abide by these guidelines will have their membership revoked without notice. If you see an abusive post, please click the link beside the post to report it.
jojoe71 12/27/2013 4:10:09 PM Report

two dangerous habits #1 ..smoking in bed #2 ...deep fryers left on the stove. not to say that happened but some things to be wary of.
thegarbage 12/27/2013 4:31:32 PM Report

Thanks jojo
Working Man 12/27/2013 5:06:37 PM Report

Yeah.. Thanks for that informative comment jojoe!
dude4975 12/27/2013 6:12:22 PM Report

Don"t forget candles jojo , they are out on special holidays and they also can be a pain !!
thomas 12/27/2013 8:42:53 PM Report

I'm just glad it was contained to one apartment and no one was seriously injured or killed.
browl 12/28/2013 3:47:08 PM Report

its really too bad! I hope their Christmas wasnt a total loss. Like presents for kids/grandkids and such. It great no was injured but could not have been a worse day for such a disaster.
Comments
6
Please sign in to post a response
Note: Comments that appear on the site are not the opinion of SooToday.com. Keep discussions civil and on topic. Refrain from obscenity and don't post anything that your grandmother would be ashamed to read. Those who do not abide by these guidelines will have their membership revoked without notice. If you see an abusive post, please click the link beside the post to report it.
Advertising | Membership | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About SooToday.com | Contact Us | Feedback

Copyright ©2014 SooToday.com - All rights reserved