OHL Roundup: Eight games lead into weekend actionThursday, December 05, 2013 by: Brad Coccimiglio
Just three games set up a new week of Ontario Hockey League action on Wednesday night.
In London, Chris Tierney's goal at 2:16 of the third period held up as the winner as the London Knights beat the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds 3-2. Knights goaltender Anthony Stolarz made 43 saves in the win. Brett Welychka and Ryan Rupert also scored for London. Tierney also had an assist in the win while rookie Mitchell Marner set up a pair of goals. Greyhounds goaltender Matt Murray stopped 35 shots while David Miller and Jared McCann scored in the loss. Sergey Tolchinsky set up two goals for the Greyhounds.
In Owen Sound, Jaden Lindo had two goals and an assist as the Owen Sound Attack beat the Kitchener Rangers 5-3. Gemel Smith chipped in with a goal and an assist while Ethan Szypula and Holden Cook also scored in the win. Goaltender Brandon Hope stopped 37 shots. Ryan MacInnis and Nick Magyar scored for Kitchener.
In Belleville, Cameron Brace and Jordan Subban had shootout goals as the Belleville Bulls beat the Oshawa Generals 3-2. Remi Elie and Justin Lemcke scored for the Bulls in regulation time while goaltender Charlie Graham stopped 36 shots in the win. Jimi Kuronen and Jacob Busch scored for the Generals. Oshawa goaltender Kenny Appleby stopped 42 shots.
On Thursday night, three games filled the schedule.
In North Bay, Nikita Korostelev had two goals and two assists as the Sarnia Sting beat the North Bay Battalion 5-3. Nikolay Goldobin added two goals and an assist while Daniel Nikandrov had a goal and two assists in the win. Taylor Dupuis made 41 saves for the Sting in the win, including 18 in the third period. Nick Paul scored a pair of goals for North Bay while Dylan Blujus set up two goals in the loss. Ben Thomson also scored for North Bay.
In Peterborough, Dane Fox had three goals and an assist as the Erie Otters beat the Peterborough Petes 7-1. Connor Brown set up three goals for the Otters while Michael Curtis added a goal and an assist. Andre Burakovsky and Connor McDavid set up two goals each for Erie. Adam Pelech and Brendan Gaunce also scored in the win. Jonatan Tanus had the lone goal for the Petes.
In Windsor, Alex Fotinos stopped 38 shots as the Windsor Spitfires beat the Saginaw Spirit 5-2. Josh Ho-Sang and recently-acquired forward Brody Milne had a goal and an assist each in the win. Ben Johnson, Adam Bateman and Remy Giftopoulos also scored in the win. Jimmy Lodge scored both goals for Saginaw in the loss.
REMAINING GAMES THIS WEEK
- Kingston vs. Barrie (7:00 p.m.)
- Ottawa vs. Erie (7:00 p.m.)
- Plymouth vs. Sault Ste. Marie (7:05 p.m.)
- Guelph vs. Owen Sound (7:30 p.m.)
- Kitchener vs. Saginaw (7:30 p.m.)
- London vs. Windsor (7:30 p.m.)
- Mississauga vs. Niagara (7:30 p.m.)
- Sudbury vs. Sarnia (7:30 p.m.)
- Oshawa vs. Peterborough (7:35 p.m.)
- Niagara vs. North Bay (7:00 p.m.)
- Sudbury vs. Mississauga (7:00 p.m.)
- Belleville vs. Barrie (7:05 p.m.)
- Plymouth vs. Guelph (7:05 p.m.)
- Windsor vs. Kitchener (7:05 p.m.)
- Saginaw vs. Sault Ste. Marie (7:11 p.m.)
- Owen Sound vs. London (7:30 p.m.)
- Kingston vs. Erie (2:00 p.m.)
- Ottawa vs. Barrie (2:00 p.m.)
- Sarnia vs. Guelph (4:05 p.m.)
- North Bay vs. Mississauga (6:00 p.m.)
- Oshawa vs. Belleville (6:05 p.m.)