Manitoulin man arrested for domestic related offencesMonday, October 28, 2013 by: SooToday.com Staff
OPP NEWS RELEASE
A 1996 Green Chevy GM4 was stopped by police and the driver was found to be under the influence of alcohol.
Upon further search of the vehicle a quantity of a controlled substance was located.
As a result of this investigation a 47-year-old male from Little Current has been charged with the following offences:
- Criminal harassment contrary to section 264(2) of the criminal Code of Canada
- Impaired operation of a motor vehicle contrary to Section 253(1) (a) of the Criminal Code of Canada.
- Exceed 80 mgs of alcohol contrary to section 253(1) (b) of the criminal Code of Canada.
- Possession of a controlled substance (marijuana) contrary to Section 4(1) of the Controlled Drug and Substance Act.
- Breach of probation contrary to Section 733.1 of the Criminal Code of Canada.
The male was remanded in custody and will be appearing at Ontario Bail Court in Gore Bay on Monday, October 28, 2013 at 10 a.m.