Ratepayers meeting this ThursdayMonday, October 21, 2013 by: SooToday.com Staff
SAULT STE. MARIE
This is an open invitation to all Sault Ste. Marie Ratepayers to take time and join others at the public open General Meeting of Ratepayers Thursday October 24, 2013 in the Russ Ramsay Room 7- 9 p.m.
Agenda for October 24, 2013 Meeting
Call to order 7 p.m.
- Newsletter Committee input
- Face book update administration
- Website content administration
- Continue to develop community direction and council focus survey
- Establish fund raising committee
- Discussion of how to improve the current budget process
- Overview of 2012 SAR financial information
- Finance work to identify budget efficiencies
- Questions pertaining to expenses not included in budget
- Mark King –North Bay Ratepayers Association – financial group coordinator will be joining us via Skype to make a presentation on steps they are taking concerning the budget.
PUBLIC BUDGET INPUT SESSIONS
The Finance Committee has scheduled two Public Budget input Sessions requesting public input for the municipal budget for 2014 and future years on the following dates:
Saturday, November 2, 2013
10 a.m. to 12 noon
Russ Ramsay Room
99 Foster Drive
Tuesday, November 5, 2013
7 to 9 p.m.
Northern Community Centre
(West End Community Centre)
Korah Branch Library
Essar Community Room
556 Goulais Avenue
Sault Ste. Marie residents are encouraged to email budget comments and suggestions to email@example.com
until Friday, December 13, 2013.
Recommendation that the report of the Commissioner of Finance and Treasurer concerning Public Budget input Sessions be received as information.
This an opportunity for those who have an interest in the municipal process to take the time to come out and actively participate with others of common interest in this Ratepayer hosted public meeting.
Thursday, October 24, 2013 in the Russ Ramsay Room/Civic Center 7- 9 p.m.