Storm information meetings east of the cityTuesday, September 17, 2013 by: SooToday.com Staff
Ratepayers in townships - including Huron Shores - affected by flooding east of the city are advised of two upcoming public information meetings.
They are scheduled as follows:
• Wednesday, September 18, 2013, 7 p.m. Bruce Station Hall, 109 Station Road, (Bruce Station), Township of Plummer Additional (officials from Huron Shores will also be present)
* Thursday, September 19, 2013, 7 p.m., Echo Bay Community Hall, Township of MacDonald, Meredith and Aberdeen Additional
Representatives from the following agencies/ministries will be attending to address the issues indicated:
• OPP – road closure procedures
• Electrical Safety Authority – electrical safety awareness during flooding; what to do if your basement/house floods
• Algoma Public Health – well testing, mold issues, proper clean up (some water testing bottles will be available)
• Algoma Insurance – how your homeowner's insurance will work and the wording required to have coverage
• Ministry of Municipal Affairs & Housing – Ontario Disaster Relief Assistance Program (ODRAP) Funding – what homeowners, businesses, and farmers need to know and do
• Ministry of Agriculture – livestock and infrastructure damage
• Emergency Measures Ontario – preparing your 72 Hour Emergency Kits
• Ontario Fire Marshal – fire safety before and during an emergency situation.