Important: 'After the storm' information from Plummer TwpMonday, September 16, 2013 by: SooToday.com Staff
Plummer Twp 'After the Storm' ... What’s available for assistance, what to check, what to do next ...
Public information meeting:
Wednesday September 18, 2013
Bruce Station Hall, 109 Station Road, (Bruce Station) Bruce Mines
Public Information Session – After the Storm
We will have representatives from:
• OPP – Road closure procedures
• Electrical Safety Authority – Electrical Safety awareness during flooding; what to do if your basement/house floods
• Algoma Health Unit – Well testing, mold issues, proper clean up (some water testing bottles will be available
• Algoma Insurance – how your homeowners insurance will work & the wording required to have coverage
• Ministry of Municipal Affairs & Housing – ODRAP Funding – what homeowner’s, Businesses, and Farmers need to know & do
• Ministry of Agriculture – Livestock and Infrastructure damage
• Emergency Measures Ontario – preparing your 72 Hour Emergency Kits
• Ontario Fire Marshall – Fire Safety before & during an Emergency situation
The following roadways remain closed in Plummer Township until further notice:
• Mount Zion East: East of Hwy 638 – only passable for 1.5 km
• Matheson Rd: full length
• Caribou: middle section between Government Rd & Plummer Rd - both ends (only) are open
• McPhail Rd: from East Line to the intersection of McPhail and Chapman
• Asam: East of Hwy 638
• Note: Plummer Road [was] closed on Monday, September 16 at 7 a.m. until further notice; from Hwy 638 to West Rd
Waste pickup – Tuesday, September 17
MWRC will be picking up double garbage (in Plummer Twp) this week only.
Recycling: cardboard and paper. Commingle will not be collected again until the 24th as per recycling schedule.
Fall Fling – Self Haul Free dump day for Plummer Additional Ratepayers – September 28 (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
For September: if you are able - please either pay them online (contact your bank for details), mail them in, or use the locked drop box (no cash please in the drop box).
Please do not call the office if possible unless you know of a road situation that requires immediate attention or an issue that cannot wait for three weeks.
Stay tuned to the local radio Stations & SooToday.com for updates on the road conditions.
For any MTO Hwy information “dial 511.”
The Township is still under a State of Emergency.
We appreciate the public’s patience during this recovery and reporting period.