Algoma road closure update (3 photos)Friday, September 13, 2013 by: SooToday.com Staff
Township of Macdonald, Meredith and Aberdeen Add’l Road closures as of 5 p.m. Thursday, September 12, 2013
Due to severe thunderstorms earlier this morning, we have several road closures due to flooding and washouts.
Please be patient and do not attempt to travel the roads so that the roads department can deal with the issues at hand.
- Bar River Road in Bar River is closed due to flooding
- Cemetery Road is closed due to road flooding and washout (Watson Road Intersection to Bar River Rd Intersection)
- Cottage Road is closed due to a washout
- Government Road at the Bar River Intersection is closed due to flooding
If you have an emergency, please call 911
At 6:30 p.m. September 12, 2013 the following roadways remain closed in Plummer Township:
- Plummer Road: from Centre Line to West Rd
- Ledyit Rd: East of Hwy 638 to Hwy 17 East
- Mount Zion East: East of Hwy 638 – only passable for 1.5 km
- Linquist Rd: full length
- Matheson Rd: full length
- McPhail Rd: from East Line to the intersection of McPhail and Chapman
- Asam: East of Hwy 638
Pictured: Highway 638 washout between Gordon Lake Rd. and Lonely Lake Rd. Photo provided by Geraldine Levesque.