Weather

Current Conditions
1.0 C
Mostly Cloudy
Today's Forecast
0 C
Chance of flurries
Sponsored by Highland Ford

News And Views

Classifieds

Announcements

Entertainment

Shop Local

More Local

Search The Web

Google Search

Local News

Lint leads to dryer fire

Wednesday, December 05, 2012   by: SooToday.com Staff

NEWS RELEASE

SAULT STE. MARIE
FIRE SERVICES

****************************
Improper exhaust results in dryer fire

Sault Ste. Marie Fire Services responded to a dryer fire at a residence in the 100 block of Willowdale Avenue early Monday evening.

The resident reported he could smell something burning and on checking his basement found smoke coming from the dryer.

Upon arrival, firefighters extinguished the fire that was developing inside the dryer.

“The exhaust vent did not match the manufacturer’s instructions. There were restrictions in the venting and consequently this dryer and the exhaust piping had built up with excessive lint. It was only a matter of time for this fire to occur. Everyone should ensure their dryers and vents are installed and maintained according to the manufacturer’s instructions,” advises Fire Prevention Officer Rocco Celetti.

Both smoke alarms were working at the time and there was some smoke damage through the basement area.
 
****************************

Comments
0
Note: Comments that appear on the site are not the opinion of SooToday.com. If you see an abusive post, please click the link beside the post to report it.
Advertising | Membership | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About SooToday.com | Contact Us | Feedback

Copyright ©2014 SooToday.com - All rights reserved