Police seek new tips in unsolved 2011 Albert St. East homicideTuesday, September 18, 2012 by: SooToday.com Staff
Crime Stoppers and the Sault Ste. Marie Police Service are trying to generate tips for the Todd Petrie homicide, which remains unsolved.
On February 27, 2011, Petrie's body was discovered in the upstairs apartment at 142 Albert Street East.
A former private in the U.S. Marine Corps, Petrie was buried with full military honours in Holly, Michigan.
The deceased was 48 years-old at the time of his death.
Police believe Petrie likely knew his killer(s) and let them into his upper floor apartment (photo).
Sunday, February 27 2011:
- At 3:57 p.m. police receive a call regarding a deceased male in an apartment on Albert Street East.
Wednesday, March 02, 2011:
Victim is positively identified as Todd Alan Petrie, age 48, of 142 Albert Street East, Apt. 2.
A post mortem examination was performed on March 1.
Cause of death is determined to be blunt force trauma.
Homicide investigation commences.
Thursday, March 03, 2011:
Crime Stoppers features murder, appeals for public's assistance to help solve the case.
Thursday, March 17, 2011:
Crime is featured again.
- Public is reminded that small details may prove important.
Wednesday, April 13, 2011:
- New details emerge in the case.
- Todd's whereabouts leading up to February 27 is investigated.
- He lived alone and was a security conscious person who kept his doors locked.
- Investigators believe that he likely knew his killer(s) and allowed entry into his apartment.
May 1 2011:
Family releases obituary:
PETRIE, Todd Alan, 48, of Saginaw, MI passed away February 27, 2011. Todd was the son of Joyce Petrie, her late husband Vern Nichol and John M. (Jack) Petrie and his wife Mary Ellen. Todd was born on December 6, 1962 in Hamilton, Ontario Canada. Todd served his country in the US Marine Corp. Surviving Todd are daughter Tera; three grandchildren; brother John (Cindy) Petrie; and sister Dawn (Graham) Hamilton of Charlotte, NC. A memorial service will be held on Saturday, May 7th, 11:00 a.m. at the Saginaw Community Reformed Church on Mackinaw Road.