Wild Turkey 5/8/2014 8:34:00 AM Report
Right on Bobby---these wacko Boko Harem Bozos have been getting away with murder for some time now.Not to mention the violence against Christians in Egypt, India, The Philipines,Central African Republic,West New Guinea and other places, as you mentioned.Meanwhile, not a peep from any of the so-called Christians on this site.------Totally shameful.
Wisenheimer 5/8/2014 8:42:28 AM Report
"Breaking News" ... Justin says if you have a differing opinion on abortion than he does, "there is no room for you in the Liberal fold."
Whoops, there he goes, he's done it again.
Wisenheimer 5/8/2014 8:46:25 AM Report
The brush is large and getting uglier day by day.
Article in the Post today "Canada a huge breeding ground for Jihadists.". A quote from one of them.
Claudius 5/8/2014 8:57:01 AM Report
"Harper vows not to reopen abortion debate as prime minister"
Postmedia News | April 21, 2011
Mr. Trudeau is doing exactly the same as Mr.Harper did- attempting to craft a unified party platform. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
flyhawk25 5/8/2014 8:57:32 AM Report
Let's clarify Trudeau's comments.
He is pro-choice and will not welcome pro-life candidates but will respect the rights of members already elected who are.
I understand that.
I oppose abortion but believe that each of us has a right to choose.It is not my right to judge others even if I disagree.
But in a political party everyone must be on the same page.
The Liberals are not wanting to become the anti-abortion party. Leave that to the neo-cons.
Resident 5/8/2014 8:58:44 AM Report
And the harper fold would welcome "pro choice"? Or someone who believes man is contributing to climate change?
Jimssm 5/8/2014 9:36:27 AM Report
I suggest some readers on this site read Arab newspapers before they claim Muslims are not condemning violence.
Do your own legwork instead of getting spoonfed what Western media (and governments) want you to hear.
It's ironic that the same people who complain about "Main stream media's" false reporting about domestic news accept carte blanche what that same media reports on issues out of the country.
Spellchecker 5/8/2014 9:37:26 AM Report
So with the ludicrous line of thinking being espoused here, I guess since all the leaders of the parties are "pro-choice", it prevents anyone who believes in the sanctity of life from running for any party. No wonder I don't vote.
gcubed 5/8/2014 9:44:45 AM Report
Resident: I do not believe that anyone in the Conservative Party of Canada is denying that mankind contributes to the pollution of the environment. What is being questioned is whether we are the prime contributors. Certainly, we should make an effort to protect what we have, but to what extent? If China, the U.S.A., Russia do not do their part, everything we do in Canada is negated. One volcano in Iceland can undo all of the efforts made by man over four years. That is not to say we shouldn't do our part, but let's recognize that mother nature can not be controlled and that is prime source of the problem, not mankind.
BIG BROTHER 5/8/2014 10:45:04 AM Report
Interesting possibility towards a sustainable economy for the Native Canadians...
Bobby Nerves 5/8/2014 10:45:38 AM Report
I do not share many of Bertrand Russell views and reflections; as he could very well be a pillow book for bigbrother... nevertheless some of his quotes will never lose validity,
“The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.”
Bobby Nerves 5/8/2014 10:51:08 AM Report
gcubed, the climate should be considered in perspective. The biggest CO2 contributor is the sea.
I read press from other countries and climate seem to be the support for the leverage in this area of the world. Perhaps could be related with the British constant concern for the weather. Probably you may have a different opinion, but we all understand that you can have a cake and eat it, therefore the use of our resources should be reasonable, but none of us have the power to replace the way our world moves, for now based in the cheapest source of energy, oil.
BIG BROTHER 5/8/2014 10:53:29 AM Report
“I only know that I know nothing.”
theprotector 5/8/2014 10:56:17 AM Report
"Hanging of Christian and churches burning in Syria and Pakistan are not enough reason to control the muslims."
that is a truely sad statement to make. Shall I start posting all of the christian killings and terrorist groups? Should we not start controling the catholics and keep them away from childern?
I would suggest that this type of hate propaganda and the person spreading it get the boot from this site.
irishfey 5/8/2014 11:14:35 AM Report
Muslims don't care??? Look to our own Country and see the people that turn a blind eye to their fellow man, even in their own neighbourhood. There are some folks that live next door to an abused person or a child in need and won't lift a finger to help. So don't single out another race on that topic!.. SPELLY.. The sanctity of life went out the window a long time ago by people wanting to play God.... Ahhh, WILD TURKEY.. So "now" you want the Christians voice to be heard? I thought Christians comments on here was not your cup of tea,( saying this politely) What was it you called me? Oh yes... " The Bible Thumpin Banjo playing Bimbo from Bruce!? And you wonder why your post got pulled??? I admit , it did have a nice ring to it :) but it was not acceptable on this sight as you found out... Maby you could put the Christian views out there as to what's to be done about the Terror group that kidnapped those poor girls.... I sure hope they find those creeps that did this and as i said before.. No Trial!!! The world is going to hell in a handbasket folks and i don't know who can fix it.. actually i do, but don't feel like being called names today... Just " who is" in control of the weather?? hummmm..... btw.. There is a sad and heartbreaking story in the R.R.. if anyone can give advice, please do...... Have a great day folks...
Wild Turkey 5/8/2014 11:28:30 AM Report
Didn't wonder why my post got pulled.Sorry to disapoint you,but I know why it was pulled.The same reason many others have been pulled and you know the answer to that one.You got part of the quote correct, but I did say please, and I did not say anything about banjos.Guess you have a reading-comprehension deficit when you fly into a rage.
Good Day Miss Irish
irishfey 5/8/2014 11:41:32 AM Report
Wild Turkey... no rage here dear, just stating the facts, and yes, the " banjo " was in there as you will most likely find out later from those that did see the post.... You have a wonderful day too.. please.....
mallet 5/8/2014 11:46:59 AM Report
Yes Please, inform us of all the "christian killings and terrorist groups", enquiring minds would like to know... Todays ones please, not the ones that happened centuries ago!!!
theprotector 5/8/2014 12:02:31 PM Report
1990 to 1999
- American Front Skinheads, pipe bombing in Tacoma WA
- Animal Liberation Front bombing in Franklin Township, N.J. of Circus Vehicles
- Animal Liberation Front, 9 incidents of firebombing in Chicago, IL
- Boricua Revolutionary Front,Chicago IL, Car Fire and Attempted bombing
- Frank Eugene Corder attempted to hit the White House with a single-engine Cessna,
- Francisco Martin Duran fired at least 29 shots with a semi-automatic rifle at the White House,
- Earth Liberation Front, Colo. Arson Fire at Ski Resort
- Earth Liberation Front arson attack on Agriculture Hall of MSU and office complex in Monmouth, OR
- Buford O. Furrow, a former member of the Aryan Nations, in a firearms attack on a Jewish Community Center in Granada Hills, CA wounded three children, a camp counselor, and a receptionist.
- Eric Harris & Dylan Kleboldat Columbine H.S. killed 13 people and wounded 24 before commitng suicide,
- Rev. Paul Jennings Hill murders Dr. John Britton and an assistant in FL
- Ted Kaczinski, the Unabomber,
- James Kopp murders Dr. Barnett Slepian was shot to death at his home in Amherst, NY
- Sgt. William J. Kreutzer, Jr. killed one officer and wounded 17 other soldiers when he opened fire on a formation at Fort Bragg, NC.,
- Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols, the Oklahoma City bombing
- Mexican Revolutionary Movement, attempted firebombing in Urbana IL
- Minnesota Patriots Council plots to assassinate law enforcement officials using ricin
- Alfred Reumayr plot to blow up the Trans Alaska Pipeline
- Eric Robert Rudolph, connected to The Army of God, carried out the Centennial Olympic Park bombing and abortion clinic bombing in Birmingham AL
- John Salvi killed two receptionists in two clinic attacks in Brookline, MA
- Benjamin Nathaniel Smith, a right-wing extremist and member of the World Church of the Creator, shooting rampage left two individuals dead and eight others wounded before Smith killed himself,
- Russell Eugene Weston kills two in U.S. Capitol shooting
theprotector 5/8/2014 12:05:06 PM Report
2000 to 2011
- Jim D. Adkisson opened fire in the Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church in Knoxville TN killing two and injuring seven (a note found in his SUV indicated this was intended as a suicide attack and said the church was apparently targeted because of its support of liberal social policies),
- Alabama Free Militia, five members of anti-immigration militia were arrested for planning a machine gun attack on Mexicans. During raids by federal agents, authorities seized 130 hand grenades, two machine guns and more than 2,500 rounds of ammunition
- Chad Altman and Sergio Baca were arrested for the arson of Dr. Curtis Boyd's clinic in Albuquerque NM
- The Animal Liberation Front targeted a UCLA professor with a firebomb due to her research on animals,
- Daniel L. Barefoot, Sharon Renee Barefoot, Jonathan A. Avery, Jonathan Maynard, Marvin G. Gautier and Rossie Lynwood Strickland , six members of the Nation's Knights of the Ku Klux Klan pleaded guilty to a variety of weapons and conspiracy charges in connection with an illegal gun trading scheme in the early 2000s to finance a plan to blow up the Johnston County, North Carolina, courthouse.
- Philip Bay planned a massacre of fellow Virginia Beach students
- John Patrick Bedell, an anti-government extremist walks into the Pentagon and opens fire, wounding two officers before he is himself shot dead.
- Kody Brittingham, a Marine is arrested and charged with plotting to assassinate President Obama. Brittingham also collected white-supremacist material.
- Seung-Hui Cho killed 32 people and wounded many others at Virginia Tech before committing suicide,
- Daniel Cowart and Paul Schlesselman, two white power skinheads plot to target an African American High School and kill 88 blacks and decapitate 14 more (the numbers 88 and 14 are symbolic to white supremacists) and although expecting to fail try to assassinate Barack Obama,
- Demetrius Van Crocker a white supremacist from rural TN attempted to acquire Sarin nerve gas and C-4 explosives that he planned to use to destroy government buildings,
- James Cummings dirty bomb plot, Belfast, Maine, police discover the makings of a nuclear "dirty bomb" in the basement of a white supremacist shot dead by his wife. The man, who was independently wealthy, reportedly was agitated about the election of President Obama and was crafting a plan to set off the bomb.
- Matthew L. Derosia rammed a SUV into the front entrance of a Planned Parenthood clinic in St. Paul, Minnesota
- John Earl, a Catholic priest drove his car into the Northern Illinois Health Clinic and pulled out an ax before being shot at by a security guard,
- Earth Liberation Front members plead guilty to burning The Center for Urban Horticulture at the University of Washington.
- Paul Ross Evans left a package at a women's health clinic in Austin, Texas containing an explosive device capable of inflicting serious injury or death. A bomb squad detonated the device after evacuating the building. Paul Ross Evans (who had a criminal record for armed robbery and theft) was found guilty of the crime
- David Anthony Fuselier and 4 other members of the American Invisible Empire of the Ku Klux Klan were convicted in federal court in Louisiana on conspiracy and intimidation charges for burning a cross at the residence of three African-American men in Longville, Louisiana. The five men, who all pleaded guilty, had burned the cross in an attempt to coerce the victims into leaving the community
- Matt Hale of the World Church of the Creator was convicted in 2004 of soliciting the murder of Chicago federal Judge Joan Humphrey Lefkow
- Jeffrey Harbin who has ties to the neo-Nazi National Socialist Movement (NSM) and was formerly a member of the neo-Nazi National Alliance, arrested for transporting 12 grenade-like improvised explosive devices.
- Kevin William Hardham has been charged with illegal possession of an explosive device and attempting to use a "weapon of mass destruction," after leaving a backpack bomb with the potential of killing or injuring dozens of people along the route of a Martin Luther King Day "unity march" in downtown Spokane, Wash
- Lucas John Helder rigged pipe bombs in private mailboxes to explode when the boxes were opened, He injured 6 people in Nebraska, Colorado, Texas, Illinois, and Iowa. His motivation was to garner media attention so that he could spread a message denouncing government control over daily lives and the illegality of marijuana.
- Patricia Hughes and Jeremy Dunahoe threw a Molotov cocktail at a clinic in Shreveport, LA,
- David Hull, Pennsylvania Klan leader was convicted of a variety of illegal weapons charges in connection with an alleged plot to use hand grenades to attack abortion clinics; he also allegedly told an informant that he had turned his car into a "suicide bomb on wheels."
- Hutaree "Christian warrior" militia. Seven militiamen from the Hutaree Militia in Michigan and Ohio are arrested and charged with plotting to assassinate local police officers with the intent of sparking a new civil war.
- An Idaho Mountain Militia Boys plot to kill a judge an a police officer and break a friend out of jail is uncovered,
- Vadim Ignatov shooting attack on Muslim home in Oregon
- Bruce Ivins anthrax attacks kill five across the U.S. with politicians and media officials as the apparent targets,
theprotector 5/8/2014 12:06:37 PM Report
- JDL plot by Irv Rubin and Earl Krugel to blow up the King Fahd Mosque and the office of Congressman Darrell Issa in CA foiled,
- Jerry and Joe Kane, two "sovereign citizens" gunned down two police officers who pull them over for a traffic violation, and then wound two more officers in a shootout in which both of them are eventually killed.
- Anarchist Joseph Konopka was found in possession of deadly amounts of sodium cyanide and potassium cyanide
- William Krar is charged for his part in the Tyler poison gas plot, a white supremacist related plan, his weapons cache included a half a million rounds of ammunition, more than 60 pipe bombs, machine guns, silencers, and remote-controlled bombs disguised as briefcases.
- James J. Lee wearing explosives and carrying a gun took hostages at the headquarters of the Discovery Channel in Silver Spring, Maryland before being killed by police. He was protesting the channel's "anti environmental" message and programming encouraging birth of humans who he called filthy
- Ryan Daniel Lewis was convicted of arson in a number of incidents on behalf of the Earth Liberation Front in CA
- Thomas Hayward Lewis, a white power skinhead arrested in Mobile Alabama for vandalism and cache of explosives found in his home
- Jared Lee Loughner, the alleged mass murderer who shot U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords of Arizona at a political gathering
- Donny Love, Sr. has been indicted for his alleged role in bombing of the federal courthouse in downtown San Diego. Multiple nail-laden pipe bombs exploded at a Federal Courthouse in San Diego causing "considerable damage" to the entrance and lobby and sending shrapnel two blocks away. The F.B.I. is investigating links between this attack and an April 25 explosion at the FedEx building also in San Diego
- Keith Luke went on shooting spree in MA to kill as many non whites and Jews as possible,
- Dennis & Daniel Mahon send mail bombs to a diversity office in Scottsdale AZ that injure three,
- Alberto Martinez - two officers were killed at Forward Operating Base Danger in Tikrit, Iraq by a deliberately placed mine, Staff Sergeant Alberto B. Martinez was charged, but was acquitted in a court martial trial at Fort Bragg, NC,
- David McMenemy of Rochester Hills, Michigan crashed his car into the Edgerton Women's Care Center in Davenport, Iowa. He then doused the lobby in gasoline and then started a fire. McMenemy committed these acts in the belief that the center was performing abortions
- Justin Carl Moose plot to bomb abortion clinics. The FBI alleges he referred to himself as the "Christian counterpart to (Osama) bin Laden"
- Donny Eugene Mower was arrested on federal charges of attacking a reproductive health clinic in Madera CA, and authorities said he also is responsible for vandalism and menacing signs left at the city's Islamic center.
- Robert Pickett discharged a number of shots from a weapon in the direction of the White House,
- Richard Andrew Poplawski - Three Pittsburgh police officers are fatally shot and a fourth wounded by Richard Andrew Poplawski, who had posted his racist and anti-Semitic views on white supremacist websites.
- Project 7, two members are arrested plotting to kill judges and law enforcement officials in order to kick off a revolution,
- Charles Carl Roberts IV went into an Amish school in Lancaster County, PA and killed 5 girls before committing suicide,
- Daniel and Timothy Robinson arrested in possession of materials to make bio-chemical weapons
- Scott Roeder Assassination of Dr. George Tiller
- Daniel James Schertz, N GA White Knights member pleaded guilty to building pipe bombs designed to blow up buses carrying Mexican and Haitian migrant workers from Tennessee to Florida
- Kyle Shaw bombing of a Starbucks in Manhattan's Upper East Side, police said his motive was to emulate "Project Mayhem" a series of assaults on corporate America
- Joseph Stack's suicide flight into an IRS building.
- Roger Stockham was arrested in a car laden with explosives outside one of the nation's largest mosques in Dearborn MI
- Texas Militia former leaders plot to attack the Federal Building in Houston,
- Bruce and Joshua Turnidge, a pair of "Patriot" movement radicals who wanted "to attack the political infrastructure"—threaten a bank in Woodburn, Oregon, with a bomb in the hopes of extorting money that would end their financial difficulties, for which they blamed the government. Instead, the bomb goes off and kills two police officers. The men eventually are convicted and sentenced to death for the crime.
- Jomar Falu Vives a Fort Carson, CO soldier and Iraq war veteran accused of killing 2 people and wounding another in drive-by shootings,
- U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum shooting by James Wenneker von Brunn,
- Lonnie Vernon and 4 others were arrested on charges connected with an alleged plot to kidnap or kill state troopers and a Fairbanks, Alaska judge
- Clayton Waagner, claiming to act on the part of the "Virginia Dare Chapter" of the Army Of God mailed hoax letters containing a white powder to 554 clinics,
- white supremacists planned to bomb a series of institutions associated with the black and Jewish communities including the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum,
- Jeffrey Weise killed his grandfather and his grandfather's girlfriend on the Red Lake, MN Chippewa reservation, then went to Red Lake H.S. where he killed 7 people and wounded 5 others before committing suicide,
- Byron Williams loads up on weapons and drives to the Bay Area intent on attacking the offices of the Tides Foundation and the ACLU, but is intercepted by state patrolmen and engages them in a shootout and armed standoff in which two officers and Williams are wounded.
- Alexander Robert Youshock's plot to bomb a school in San Mateo, CA
want more...maybe world wide...take the blinders off!! All of these are based on your Christian values to justify their actions...regardless of the relgion a nut bar is a nut bar
notpc 5/8/2014 12:13:04 PM Report
I'm actually glad to hear Justin Trudeau openly enunciate his views about what those in his party must believe. He had previously portrayed himself as an open-minded, tolerant leader. Now we know that that isn't really true. He is far less tolerant of dissent within the ranks than Mr. Control himself, Stephen Harper.
Harper usually seeks to control the actions of his MPs, but Trudeau apparently is seeking to control even the beliefs and thought life of his. One must believe in abortion at any time, for any reason, or the party will not take you. For Trudeau, the argument about abortion has been settled, even though polls show that 60% of Canadians are not comfortable with abortion at any time for any reason.
Trudeau is revealing that his exclusionary politics may be worse than anything we have seen to this point of time in Canada.
irishfey 5/8/2014 12:37:32 PM Report
Holy crap PRO,. Impressed!!! See,, that " oatmeal" does wonders for the mind ,lol
steelworker 5/8/2014 12:41:56 PM Report
Trudeau: Leader of the Borg Party.
bounder 5/8/2014 12:50:32 PM Report
Pro ever try shorthand.
Wisen stock tip, invest in the green grow, BC and Colorado are growing lots, , soon that market is going to outpace oil and others commodities.
Snobank 5/8/2014 1:06:38 PM Report
Thanks for the needed balance, Pro.
theprotector 5/8/2014 1:25:08 PM Report
I have tried short hand but I enjoy my knuckles dragging.
Yes balance is needed
notpc 5/8/2014 1:34:59 PM Report
I was rather surprised to see your conclusion after presenting the long list of various murders and terrorist acts. You seem to believe that because most or all of these people apparently tried to justify their actions by appealing to some "Christian" value, that this reflects badly on Christianity in general. Well it might, but generally only in the minds of people who either have an axe to grind against Christianity, or those who actually believe that people who commit these kinds of crimes are genuine and honest in stating their real reasons for doing what they did.
By no stretch of the imagination does Christianity condone people taking justice into their own hands or committing terrorism like those in your list. The criminals you refer to did what they did for perverted reasons of their own and are simply attempting to justify what they did by appealing to principles which only exist in their own minds, often because of a serious misunderstanding of some real Christian principle. Even a brief study of Jesus' life and statements, along with the writings of his apostles, would show that they would never condone what the killers on your list did.
mallet 5/8/2014 1:37:55 PM Report
Very good, I am impressed, is there a web site with all this information? For I do not have time to go through all the reports individually for the whole country police and court information..
I would hazard a guess though that a lot of these reports, especially the plotting and conspiracy ones are lawyer dreamed up defences. I was thinking more of the persons who drive a truck loaded with explosives into a market where hundred of men, women and children are shopping and then detonating it, killing and wounding hundreds, which apart from Mcvey, has not happened in the United states. I do not say that there are not radicals and zealots out there, but I do not think that there is a Baptist, Methodist, United Church, Catholic, Jewish plot or conspiracy to go and kill people because they do not support those religions. Maybe I think in a too simplistic way, but apart from the Timothy Mcvey act the rest are just murders for what ever reason the person thought..
theprotector 5/8/2014 2:38:11 PM Report
My point is simple, there are those that hide their insanity and rationalize and justify their actions thourgh various means. Whether it (in this case) religion or other beleifs. Attacking all Muslims because of the actions of a few is wrong, just as we should not attack Christianity or any other religion for the actions on their part. The radicaliation of fews to justify harmful actions is unacceptable.
My intent was simply to show another side. Another fact (still looking at the info) Muslims in north america have the lowest crime rate (especailly violent crime) of any other segment of society.
Wild Turkey 5/8/2014 2:48:22 PM Report
Mallet---thank-you for presenting Bobby's deleted post in a logical coherent fashion.That is the message I tried to convey in my reply, butyou are about the only one that got it.In no way did I suggest that all Moslems are bad people.When a bunch of hopped up bandits enters a town and slaughters thousands just because they are Christians, then there is a very serious problem.It has never come up before Michel Obama made a plea and now Britain and the U.S. are thinking about getting involved.What is Canada doing?Guess there aren't enough Nigerian Canadians to worry about.
Jimssm 5/8/2014 3:05:44 PM Report
It's all about perspective.
One person's terrorism is another person's Shock and Awe.
mallet 5/8/2014 3:50:18 PM Report
One persons rebel is anothers freedom fighter, it all depends on whose side you stand. In the time I lived and worked in North Africa I was not harrassed or threatened and I can only remember being asked once if I was a Christian. I am not sure where the "radicalization" comes from, rogue Immans or Ayatolahs, I just do not know, but I am fairly sure the Archbiship of Canterbury, the Pope and local Maggid does not preach about killing the other religions of the world. Why the Islamic world/countries feels so theatened I do not know, that perhaps is an item which they could enlighten the rest of the world on..
KENNEDY919 5/8/2014 3:50:48 PM Report
All religions originate as a man made invention that preys on the hopes and fears of people.The vast majority of people who follow religion are good people who only want the best for themselves and their family. You should never let religion overrule the god-given brain between one's ears.
Your brain should tell you that if religion creates and initiates the seeds of extremism it is probaly not a good thing particularly when these extremists are intolerant of the ways of the other thousand religions different than their own.
If push comes to shove always choose the intelligence of your brain over the preachings of religion. At least you know that your brain is truly god-given.
notpc 5/8/2014 4:14:42 PM Report
Interesting juxtaposition of contrasting thoughts! On the one hand you say that all religion is man-made, but on the other you say that our brains are "god-given". Given the implication that if religion is man-made, there must not be a God (unless you believe that there is only one true God and belief in him isn't a religion), who is the God who gave us our brains?
T-rat 5/8/2014 4:44:31 PM Report
protector: interesting and lengthy lists of what you classify as "christian groups and terrorist killings" but unless I'm missing something I see numerous incidents of criminal activity and mayhem, outright lunacy, and yes...some acts of terrorism but I don't think that you can logically associate the term 'Christian groups' with the vast majority of these. Being white doesn't make a person a Christian, and as the old adage goes, "Going to church doesn't make you a Christian anymore than standing in a garage makes you a car."
statusquo 5/8/2014 5:54:43 PM Report
At least he tried to equate , what I would classify as isolated random acts of violence by various individuals and small organizations to the global threat of Islam.
The classic example of comparing apples to oranges or bananas.
I am glad you saw through that and so did I.
Boko Haram is a well organized and well financed organization not unlike the Taliban and various other radical Muslim organizations that are financed by Saudi Arabia and Pakistan.
If we in the West have not woken up by now that Islam is a clear threat to Western civilization and unless we take drastic measures, be it by curbing immigration and the ceasing of accommodating them with prayer rooms in our schools, special "women" only days at the Y, Halal chicken at grocery stores, the allowing of full face coverings for women, yet our kids cannot wear "hoodies" at school e.t.c and perpetuate our liberal masochism and overindulgent political correctness, in a few generation they will have enough numbers to influence elections .
I will not live long enough to experience Sharia law, but I am not sure about my grand kids. It is a serious problem and one only has too look at the situation in the U.K, France, Germany and the Scandinavian countries.
This false liberalism and the prevailing thinking that the "majority" of Muslims are just like us is sleepwalking on our part and it will eventually give rise to a fascist pushback as it is happening in Europe now and reared its ugly head not too long ago in Quebec.
The brakes should have been applied softly and steadily rather than waiting and hoping for assimilation.
Islam is not and cannot coexist within a true democratic state. Christianity could neither, until we experienced the Reformation and the Enlightenment and the rise of Secular Humanism.
Islam has not gone through this growing up phase yet . I hope they will but it must come from within. The best hope we have is to help empower the women in those countries rather than financing despots that are on our side one day and stab us in the back the next.
Our own actions have no doubt contributed to this state of affairs starting with colonialism in the past and siding with ruthless dictatorships and ignoring the plight of the common folk.
The damage is now done and we have to deal with it now in one way or another.
statusquo 5/8/2014 7:37:04 PM Report
I couldn't resist......
Spellchecker 5/8/2014 9:37:26 AM Report
"So with the ludicrous line of thinking being espoused here, I guess since all the leaders of the parties are "pro-choice", it prevents anyone who believes in the sanctity of life from running for any party. No wonder I don't vote."
For somebody who chomps at the bit to spout off verses from the Bible, a book rife with genocide, floods, infanticide, rape and slavery...all sanctioned by the almighty, your above little snipe is well...too rich!
The only thing I am glad about is that you don't vote.
I am grateful for that. Keep up the good work.
Bobby Nerves 5/8/2014 7:49:46 PM Report
Statusquo, what's kind of underwear should I wear to impress a luscious nurse. It's a project I'm working on, she is like a Volkswagen beetle with a V8 engine and racing slicks.
Would it be adequate a polka dot Hathaway cotton stretch, long johns or just plane baby blue speedos?
Well, make the speedos orange, she'll be dazed, I'm sure.
Please reply fast, as this message will delete itself in 3...2...1....
Resident 5/8/2014 7:53:48 PM Report
gcubed: IMHO there isn't much of a Progressive Conservative ideology in the federal government. harper CON/REFORM has cut scientific funding, opted Canada out of Koyoto, and defends the tar sands and more. The harper "advocates" on this site deny any human contribution to climate change and have used derogatory comments to/about anyone who thinks differently.
Other countries (including China apparently) are trying to "clean up". No matter what other countries do I am going to do as much as I can and support those who are trying also. I don't think we should sit back and do nothing!!! I support DAVID SUZUKI! If I'd said that before you know the type of response I would get from the "right wing".
Bobby Nerves 5/8/2014 8:03:32 PM Report
You know that no voting goes against the bible teaching?
Do you know that?
Or you just forgot that?
Now I have to think a punishment for such heresy.
Forget hemorrhoids as those are reserved for... well you know who... hmmm...hm... something with more substance.
nanag 5/8/2014 8:25:09 PM Report
I have been catching up on the posts of today.. I find some a bit tedious to comprehend.
I get to Statusquo's post of 5:45. Stats wrote about Boko Haram. I allowed my flighty brain to see(read) Procol Harem (instead). I have spent an enjoyable interlude listening to "A Whiter Shade of Pale" .... my all time fav..... thanks Stats :)
flyhawk25 5/8/2014 8:36:47 PM Report
When you wrote 'secular humanism' I could almost hear the keys clacking to Goggle the meaning.
Or it might have been the splash of some posters submerging into the swamp.
steelworker 5/8/2014 8:39:00 PM Report
Resident: just give Suzuki all your money. Jet travel and multiple mansions cost a lot. All female security teams cost a lot. Be a good sheeple and help prop up the little grifter.
theprotector 5/8/2014 8:55:09 PM Report
Please ban rolland rolly from this site. There is no need for name calling here any longer. Even with the intial post being deleted there is no reason for this type of abuse. This behaviour I thought was unacceptable on this site moving forward. Whether you agree or disagree do it in a polite/profesional manner. Few have been able to go toe to toe with me when it comes to being insulting and rude, However that being said I am attempting to have meaningful thought provoking discussion here.
In some aspects I agree that it may look like simple criminality however the root cause is a warped relgious beleif for most of those situations. There are dozens of orgainzed christan terroist groups. However given the judao-christain hertiage of the west, a degree of propagana is at play, as such same with various Islam media outlets.
Dont be blinded by your own hatred and misunderstanding when folks that beleive in your god and bible perptrate similar acts.
Blaming an entire group and wanting "them controled" or "taken care of" is simply wrong and unacceptable and as a matter of fact against the religion for which many of you claim to follow and believe. Why are the two predominate religions attempting to create a world war of religion? Becasue they always have in the past? Because each beleives to be superiour to the other while one side claims to not be violent and is being victimized?
Claudius 5/8/2014 9:03:42 PM Report
I also reported Roland Rolly.
lookaround 5/8/2014 9:17:07 PM Report
The right winged much touted agenda lets us believe that government should get out of our lives. If the sheeple believe so then the government should not tell a woman to keep a baby if they do not want too or cannot take care off. I see a double standard from the right winged closed frame of mind. The right to choose should be left to each individual and no I don't believe in abortion but I hate the right winged agenda dictating to me what I should or should not do. Speaking of abortions....Steelworkers comments still ring in my ears as hate mongering. I won't forget his crude and dumb comments...ever!
statusquo 5/8/2014 10:01:55 PM Report
the predominant Religion spreading it's hatred like wildfire right now is Islam.
I do agree with with you that all Religions are an antidote to reason. No argument from me there.
It is true that a minority of Muslims are violent radicals.
But the majority are silent on the actions of said radicals and some don't care. They go on about their daily lives and hope things will eventually sort themselves out.
So, the majority just sits back.
We are told again and again by "experts" and the MSM that Muslims are by and large peace loving and as averse to violence as any other human being on this planet.
This assertion may indeed be true, but it is entirely irrelevant. It doesn;t negate the cold hard fact that a sizable, well organized and well financed faction of Islamist radicals is holding the rest of the world hostage.
This is not a racial issue but an issue of ideology.
Of all the Abrahamic religions, Islam is the silliest of them all. Not only was the whole thing plagiarized from the Bible, leaving out the more cerebral Greek parts, but it is the most abhorrent when it comes to equality between the sexes.
It should be ridiculed and dismissed as an archaic crap cult as much as Christianity and Judaism.
It has no basis in fact and certainly no claims whatsoever on morality.
Wisenheimer 5/8/2014 10:07:39 PM Report
Stephane Dion ... Strike one.
Michael Ignatieff ... Strike two.
Justin (Elroy Jetson) Trudeau .. and gentlemen you're outta there!
statusquo 5/8/2014 10:21:37 PM Report
somehow that is "more better" than "lol"?
Just trying to figure you out.
I can guess your chronological age... late fifties...mid sixties....however , I have a hard time pinning a mental age on you.
It must be in the prepubescent range .
statusquo 5/8/2014 10:59:32 PM Report
I am glad you noticed "Secular Humanism"..
to some...mostly island dwellers... that term is blasphemy.
I am disappointed however that you did not latch on to "liberal masochism".
I would have enjoyed discussing it with you in a non fetish context.
(har har and smiley face)
irishfey 5/9/2014 12:19:38 AM Report
Claudius and PRO.. I also reported Rolly! He/she has nothing to offer this site except rude insults which have been dwindling and that is good. I repeat... some are still testing the waters to see what Sootoday will do. The past few days have been filled with good opinions and no name calling. That's what we want in here. In time the rude posters will give up when they see their posts pulled!