The Posting Rules are for everyone. There are no exceptions. Please read the rules and abide by them or your account will be suspended.
SooToday.com classifieds ads are provided free to our community thanks to the support of local businesses who help offset our operating costs via banner advertising and classifieds business ad posts.
1. Private ads are FREE (for non-commercial private use only). Commercial use is advertising that promotes any ongoing enterprise involved in the trade of goods, services or both for profit. Singular endeavours such as a moving sale, a garage sale or selling of possessions are considered non-commercial, private use.
Ads placed in For Rent Vacation Property, For Rent Commercial Space, and For/Wanted to Rent Cottages (Wanted ads are free) are considered business ads and must be placed under one of our four paid business ad categories.
All animal breeder ads are considered business ads and must be placed under one of our four paid business ad categories.
SooToday.com makes exceptions in three areas only:
a) For Rent - apartments, rooms and houses. Due to the fact that Sault Ste. Marie's vacancy rates are so low, these rental real estate ads can be posted for free.
b) Childcare. To support working families with young children, SooToday.com will allow childcare providers to advertise for free.
c) SooToday.com will allow $100 per animal in a single litter to cover routine expenses on a one-time basis. Any ad selling animals on an ongoing basis (breeding) must be paid for.
SooToday.com reserves the right to remove ads at its discretion and without notice.
2. Business Ads: If you have a product or service to offer, we have FOUR different price options for you to display your ad in the category of your choice. All commercial/business ads must use one of these options.
If you would like to consider placing a banner ad designed by the SooToday.com team please email us at email@example.com
3. Please report ads that violate our posting rules to us using the 'report this ad' link to make abusers of our system easier to spot.
4. Maintain your ad postings using the 'My Classifieds' link on the classifieds main page. Delete your items when they sell.
5. Posting ads with URLs to other websites is not permitted.
6. Limit postings to four items, once per day in two relevant categories per day. The Miscellaneous category is only to be used for items that cannot fit into any other category.
7. Do not post comments. Our classifieds section is not a forum. Comments can be posted in the News or Editorial Response sections of our site.
8. Do not add a title for your item that is too long or has no spaces between the letters, because doing so will cause the page to display incorrectly. Ads such as this will be deleted without notice.
9. Contacting someone who posted a classified to harass that person about the ad, or to give an opinion without being asked, is not acceptable. Unless you are contacting an advertiser to make a legitimate offer on their item or service for sale, do not contact them. If you have received any emails that are harassing in nature, please forward them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will consider revoking the account.
10. Keep it clean folks. This is a family-friendly site.
Please be advised: Anyone not in compliance with the posting rules will be banned from SooToday.com without notice. The posting rules are for everyone. There are no exceptions. Please read the rules and abide by them.
If you have suggestions about how we can better maintain this section, please email us at email@example.com